Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 8: What to ask for?

I have seen God answer powerfully in my life when we focus on 40 days of something. In 2008, I fasted meat for 40 days and we saw God answer by relocating us to LA. Last year, at the end of 40 days of blogging we found a house.

I'm not listing this to toot my own horn, but to remember God's faithfulness in my life. I'm praying that at the end of this 40 days we will find ways to make C's eczema more manageable. Today the allergist's office called me back and said we were approved to make an appointment - yes, it required pre-consulation with our ped to even schedule an appointment. If this doctor can't help us, I don't know who can. He was trained at the country's leading hospital in eczema research (Jewish National Hospital in Denver) and is a pediatric allergist and immunologist. If he gives us steroid cream and tells me that she'll grow out of it, I will eat my hat.

The appointment is not for another two weeks - that's the soonest they had - so in the meantime, we will continue the new apple cider vinegar regiment and see how things go. Watching, waiting, and praying. And oh yes, another concert next weekend. Not time to retire yet...

No comments: