Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 19: Back to Being Mommy

I'm a little late on this one. Slept maybe 2 hours last night after some late night food with the other festival artists, and then got up for a very early flight at 5am. Wow, I am getting too old for this. Yesterday was a very chill day. There was no round table discussion, so we had a nice lunch and browsed two art galleries, then went to the very beautiful concert given by the Moller-Fraticelli Duo. Had some very wonderful conversations with the other guitarists, which bounced between various topics - from God to politics to parenting and everything in between. Musicians are special people and during those late night hangouts at every guitar festival I go to, I am reminded that God put them on this earth for such a special reason- to bring beauty to other people's ears.

I am now sitting on the runway at LAX, waiting for our plane to slowly move to the gate. We've been here for awhile, and don't seem to be moving. So thankful to be home. Now the real work begins - back to being mommy. I can't wait to see everyone.

No comments: