Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 14: Small Victories

We have a new staple meal in the house. Scrambled egg over rice with nori. E came home starving today, took one look at the beef and broccoli I'd made, made a big frown, and promptly declared, "I want something else. I don't want this!"

Meal planning has been a source of stress ever since E decided she would eat about 25% of the things she had eaten all her life. Her primary reasons for not eating certain things are because they are the wrong color. She dislikes yellow food - so no pasta with a yellow tinge, no bananas. I think pineapple is the only exception on that one. And eggs. She doesn't like brown food either, unless it's chocolate. And she generally does not eat much meat, except for kalbi and bacon, both of which are sort of brown. So her whole paradigm doesn't really make sense, but then again, what about the mind of a three-year old does? (I think if I had to pick two meats to eat, those would be my picks too. So maybe we're not all that different.)

Anyway, I suppose tonight was a small victory that I created a new meal for her that was not a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and had some kind of protein in it - even, dare I say, a vegetable. Does nori count as a vegetable? Probably only as much as ketchup does. She ate every last bite of her dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job, mommy!

Alice said...

What a mommy win! Nori is seaweed. That's a vegetable for sure!!!

Elliot already chews and spits out about half his food. I dread what's coming next.