Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 35: Cesar Chavez Day

Today daycare was closed because of Cesar Chavez Day. If we did not live in LA, I would have never known it was Cesar Chavez Day. Although I have to say, I did not notice anything different about today - did not hear about any parades and we still got mail. So I have to admit, I kinda rolled my eyes that daycare made it an official holiday, but our hard-working staff deserve the day off and I really enjoyed being home with the girls and taking the day off from work.

Well, here was our day in photos. We started our morning by the girls sleeping in(!) until about 7:40am, which was a world-record of some sort. I don't know what the occassion was; I guess they knew it was Cesar Chavez Day also. Plus they were tuckered out from our trip to OC yesterday for a birthday party and lots of festivities. So we had a nice slow morning with some TV time, and then headed out around 10am.

We went to our neighborhood indoor playground called The Awesome Playground, which I love because it is just one big room with toys and I can sit and look at stuff on my phone while they play amongst themselves. It's all baby safe and is usually not very crowded. They have dress-up costumes there, which C was into today. Also, check out how beautifully pale C was today! I cannot believe how quickly her eczema is clearing up.  She was playing so happily today that I now realize how accustomed I've become to her discomfort. When normal play is an unusual thing, I guess you know you've been through something tough with your kid.

 Costume change time.
 The table service at this joint is amazing.
This car is not going fast enough!
 During naptime, E (with her extremely sharp eyes) spotted a box in my closet that had her flower girl dress for Uncle Danny and Auntie Kristen's wedding. I got it on a pre-Easter sale that Macy's was having, though the wedding is not until October! To clear up her confusion, I had to explain several times that being a flower girl does NOT mean you dress up as a flower.
 Some afternoon playtime in my studio.
 They love sitting together in this chair.
 Again, C showing off her unusually non-blotchy skin.
 After dinner, ending the day with some home made popsicles.
Overall, it was a lovely day. They are playing so well together lately, and are quite the pair in all the funny ways that they interact. C constantly copies E, but E tries to copy C too because she knows that C is copying her. It's a precious relationship that makes me feel so glad about having them close together, despite the fact that I really remember nothing from that sleep-deprived first year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely photos!!! So happy to see C has tremendously improved!!!!