Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 29: Me Time

I had two students cancel today, so I took the opportunity to do some shopping. I rarely ever shop for myself these days; what once was a robust pastime has now become something of a chore. I never seem to have enough time to browse the sale racks, try a bunch of things on, and leisurely pick what I want. I know, first world problems. But it's true - there is very little "me time" built into my schedule. Work is pretty busy these days, and I'm not that crazy about online shopping unless I know exactly what I need. I rarely get out to the mall, and rather hate traffic and parking, so that's that. I'm kind of a  no-nonsense homebody now.

Well, we have this incredible trip planned at the end of April to Phuket for a friend's wedding - our first trip without the kids, thanks to the incredible babysitting services of my dear parents! So I found a dress for the wedding and a bunch of other casual tees and a sundress, along with a pair of new jeans. The salesguy was pretty impressed at my haul. I guess I still have it in me.

2 comments:

Alice said...

I started using StitchFix for that reason... It sounds like you had a great shopping day!!! I do miss the whole shopping thing... totally not possible anymore while chasing after a little munchkin. The last time I went shopping was because I was going to a conference and needed dress clothes that fit and the whole time I just felt guilty for leaving Elliot at home with the nanny.

Caryn said...

Sounds awesome! What a great trip you have planned.