Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 18: Hibernation is upon me.

Phew! And that's a wrap. Last concert of the season under my belt, and it feels good. Tonight, in a quick self-assessment, I would say that things went pretty well.I had a few moments where my concentration may have lapsed - once in Presti's Danse Rhythmique, where I repeated a section for no reason, and once at the end of Clarice Assad's The Last Song where I couldn't find my C harmonic for the life of me and played a bunch of random notes until I finally found a C, any C to end the damn thing. But it's done, and I think it was pretty well-received. I signed a few CDs, had some wings (they're just wings here, not Buffalo wings - and they were freaking good!) with the rest of the festival crew, and it was an all around good time. One random guy greeted me with the phrase, "I follow you on Twitter..." That was a little creepy.

Ready for retirement - or hibernation. Either one. Good night.

No comments: