Thursday, March 27, 2014

Open House

Today on an afternoon walk, E and I stumbled upon an open house in our area. "Ooh, an open house," I said. "Open house!" she repeated enthusiastically, having no idea what it meant.

We walked over to the house and decided that it was perfect. Two bedrooms on the ground floor, each with their own bathroom, and a top floor with a loft bedroom and open bathroom, and a detached garage that had been converted into an office space. Beautiful views of Silverlake and on one of the prettiest streets in the neighborhood. As I looked in each room, E would repeat my reaction with utmost excitement.

Me: "Gorgeous bathroom."
E: "Gorgeous!"
Me: "Whoa, look at this walk-in closet."
E: "How cool!"
Me: "There's another floor up there."
E: "Look at these steps!"

Exactly what we are looking for, at the fair price of....$1.15 million dollars!

I have no idea why houses in our neighborhood can begin to be sold for upwards of $1M. I mean, I love where we currently live, and the some of the views around are beautiful. But seriously?!

End Day 6.

No comments: