Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Little sinner

E has now begun getting out of bed after lights are out, even though she knows she's not supposed to. Activities include putting Doll to sleep with various blankets on the floor, looking at puzzles and books, and throwing stuffed animals in her sleeping sister's crib. How C sleeps through all of this nonsense I have no idea. She has my husband's awesome sleeping genes, I guess.

The funny thing is that when E hears me coming to her room, she runs back to bed to pretend that she was never out of bed, knowing that she's done something wrong. But I guess the thrill of just seeing if she can get away with it is worth the effort. This is the first instance I can recall of real dishonesty, and it's fascinating and slightly infuriating too. When I come into her room, she is purposely super sweet to me to deter me from the truth of her deviousness, asking for extra kisses and saying "Ai-nee" (love you) with a big grin on her face. You little sinner, I think to myself.

"Is this what she's going to be like as a teenager?" asks her daddy. "No," I say. "It will be far worse."

End Day 5.

No comments: