Sunday, March 23, 2014

Just cling.

I'm single-mommying this week. Hubby is in NYC the next two days, then mostly in SD the rest of the work week. I might see him maybe on Thursday. Maybe. Sigh.

Today I asked for prayer at church because there was a knot in my stomach as we continue in this season of hubby working a lot more than I'm used to. The woman who prayed for me was a mother herself, one of the older women in our church. She prayed for everything I needed in my heart, even without me telling her.  All I said was that I needed strength while Paul works more and the brunt of the childrearing falls on my shoulders. But she knew exactly what to ask for. She prayed for my babies to sleep through the night. She prayed against temper tantrums. She prayed that they would eat, play, nap, and listen. I bawled on her shoulder, with Cara in the Ergo. It was perfect.

I have a funny way of trying to depend on God only when things are hard. When things aren't hard, my heart is proud and forgetful of His loyalty to me. I'm often blinded by my own resolve. I am glad things are tough right now. I feel so completely dependent on God's grace on me, that if I stop clinging to Him for a second, I may just fall apart. It is actually a good feeling. End Day 2.

4 comments:

Alice said...

I've been praying for Elliot to sleep through the night for a long long time. He's 4 months old, and we're further away than ever.

I admire you for single mommying this week. Best of luck. And I will also pray that your kids will sleep through the night.

la v said...

you're doing great, my dear! this is a season, and someday, you'll look back, and you'll just remember the good parts. but for now, i'm also praying that your babies sleep through the night, eat well, listen to mommy and smile lots. and for those golden hours between their bedtime and your bedtime, here's a little blog post i read today that might cheer you up because i'm sure you relate. much love. and keep blogging!

la v said...

oops! here's the link: http://momastery.com/blog/2014/03/24/whack-a-mole-2/?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=whack-a-mole-2

connie said...

hilarious. that sounds like bedtime around here. glad i'm not alone out there...