Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wow, technology

So I'm always a little bit behind the times. I just put myself on YouTube for the first time. I feel pretty cool for doing so. Check out the two videos of my guitar quartet here! My hair is really short in these.

Another thing I got hooked on recently: Pandora, a free music streaming service similar to radio, but you can customize it. One of my students introduced me to it. He was shocked that I had never heard of it.

Hope you enjoy these- they are from our March concert at Mira Costa College. The first one is this set of Brazilian pieces by Celso Machado in which the audience insisted on clapping between every single one, even though some of them are like 30 seconds long. The second is an arrangement of Bach's Brandenburg No.3, Allegro for 4 guitars. Definitely one of the greatest things about our year here in SD was getting to know and play with these guys. We are going to continue together, but I'm sad that I won't be a real San Diegan anymore since we did name ourselves the San Diego Guitar Quartet and I'll feel like a poser. One week in SD left. It feels weird.



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Pandora's great! I play stuff off of it all the time! Maybe you'll pop up if I search "classical guitar!"