Sunday, January 13, 2013

18 months

Today was one of the coldest days in LA that I can remember. When we got in the car this morning to go to breakfast, the snowflake warning light came on in the chilly 39 degree weather. This is pretty absurd to most Angelenos - this means I have to actually wear a coat or something, right? And I'm still cold! I don't think I even own a beanie or gloves or anymore, but I could have sure used them today.

This little bundle was ready to combat the cold. Elisa is happily sporting her new mary janes that she picked out herself and refuses to take off. What can I say? The girl's got taste.

She also fashioned this hair accessory for herself from one of my old scarves as she foraged fruit from the trees in the backyard. We've got some amazing amounts of oranges and lemons right now. She loves putting the fruit in her wagon and pushing them all around the patio.
Her playtime is getting more and more imaginative. It's amazing to see her mimicing us and using her new words all the time. Here she is at her play kitchen (she was refusing pants that morning).
 
Here she was in the middle of some funny dress up, but when she saw me pull my phone out to take a picture she got upset. This picture cracks me up - it's like a fiesta gone wrong.
And lastly, here is a daddy/daughter moment at lunch celebrating her 18 month birthday. This lemon ricotta cake from Forage made her put both hands up in the air with a big grin.

What a thrill! A year and a half feels like a big landmark for us. This is such a fun age - she is not having nearly as many tantrums as she did a few months ago, probably because her ability to communicate is improving all the time. The words and semblances of words are pretty amazing to hear, and she is sweet and funny as ever. She is still a mommyholic, but I'll savor it for now. Feeling grateful as ever today.

1 comment:

la v said...

she's such a sweetie!