Thursday, August 14, 2008

Family Time

It was great to hang out with my parents and brother this weekend. Moving a little bit north means that we are now only about 5 hours from my parents house, and 20 minutes from my brother. Danny got baptized at his church here in LA the day after his 20th birthday! There was a lot to celebrate. And in our family, that means food...



We discovered the awesomeness known as Monterey Park. Here, some of the delectable dishes that landed on our table. Prawns and walnuts, spicy jellyfish with asparagus, and the house special crab, which was seasoned with some sort of salty tasty goodness and fried. YUM.



Danny gets dunked in the pool at the Marriot! His church meets at the hotel and they used the swimming pool as the baptism place. It was pretty funny to see some tourists in the hot tub watching the whole thing. It was beautiful to see a full immersion-style baptism again. I feel like it communicates a lot more about the symbolism of baptism than just the sprinkling on the head. I was so proud of my brother for making this decision on his own.



Us with Danny after his dunking



This is generally my expression whenever I eat really good dim sum. I did a little dance after our meal and sang my "I love LA" song.



All you can eat Korean BBQ for dinner. The LA style is to wrap it with rice paper crepes, kind of like won-ton wrappers. SO good. My brother is a monster at these places and easily polishes off two platters of meat.



My parents sitting on the curb outside our place. A nice quality weekend together.

3 comments:

la v said...

oh... miss you guys! looks like a fun weekend! hope to catch you there next time!

Unknown said...

sooo glad you guys are happy in LA...though SD misses you ;-)

ychiu said...

Is it bad that I was licking my computer screen trying to get at that food?!